You sir, are what we call a smooth operator.
When I said “I have no idea what I’m doing” I meant that about every single aspect of my life.
The reason why I note it as (date???) when discussing hanging out with this young lady is because the thought of her finding me desirable… I have no reason to think that. Certain hints have led me to believe it as solely friendship, and you know what? I have no problems with that. I need friends more than I need anything at this point in my life, but what if?
203. Douglas Sirk’s Imitation of Life: 8.6
204. John M. Stahl’s Imitation of Life: 8.1
Just got back from my second hang out (date???) with the young lady I met on tinder.
How it ended:
Dropping her off at her house, while my car stereo is blasting the Dwarves Blood, Guts & Pussy album, and I tell her good night, while offering my hand for a handshake, then we shake hands and I kiss her hand, but not like the back of her hand, but actually her knuckle because I have no idea what I’m doing.
Page from the Network script on display at The Museum of the Moving Image.
201. Rupert Wyatt’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes: 8.6
202. Matt Reeves’ Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 9.1
200. Gordon Parks Jr.’s Super Fly: 7.6
So the young lady I met through tinder had to postpone our second hang out (date???) from this evening to next week and I only had one bottle of cider and a shot of bourbon as a means to deal. Not too bad Chris. Not too bad.
199. Werner Herzog’s Heart of Glass: 9.5
198. Ingmar Bergman’s Cries and Whispers: 10.0